On this week’s Social Sound Bite – recorded live at the KXIC studios in Iowa City – Jay and I discussed a new social app on the block. It’s called Meerkat and it allows users to live stream video directly to their Twitter account. Once you’re done streaming, the online archive of your video is gone (you can save the file to your phone if you choose). Why does Meerkat matter? Listen for the full sound bite and enjoy these useful links to the news, trends, and tips included in this week’s show.
Beyond the Sound Bite
- Want to dig in and play with Meerkat? Download the app here.
- Here’s a great breakdown of what brands and publishers need to know about Meerkat (Digiday).
- As I mentioned on the show, one of the biggest cases for why Meerkat might matter lies in the recent Infinite Dial study from Edison Research. This shows that after Facebook, mobile experience apps like Instagram and Snapchat dominate social media use. Is Meerkat next?
Remember, the Social Sound Bite is just the appetizer! On Monday morning we’ll serve up a fresh new episode of the On Brand Podcast. This week we have Jason Miller from LinkedIn.
Last but not least …
- Subscribe to the podcast – You can subscribe to the show via iTunes, Stitcher, and RSS.
- Rate and review the show – If you like what you’re hearing, head over to iTunes and click that 5-star button to rate the show. And if you have a few extra seconds, write a couple of sentences and submit a review. This helps others find the podcast.
- OK. How do you rate and review a podcast? Need a quick tutorial on leaving a rating/review in iTunes? Check this out.
Until next week, see you on the Internet!