On this week’s Social Sound Bite – recorded live at the KXIC studios in Iowa City – Jay and I discussed a couple of new features on Twitter. First, users can now opt-in to receive Twitter direct messages from users who don’t follow them. This could have a big impact on brands using Twitter direct messages for customer service. We also looked at a new feature that will help the network crack down on cyber-bullying. Listen for the full sound bite and enjoy these useful links to the news, trends, and tips included in this week’s show.
Beyond the Sound Bite
- Twitter’s New Direct Messaging Feature Is an Opportunity for Brands (The Wall Street Journal)
- Can Twitter clamp down on online bullying? (Marketing Interactive)
- And this week were were also joined in studio by my daughter who got to see the station’s “pit” (Instagram)
Remember, the Social Sound Bite is just the appetizer! On Monday morning we’ll serve up a fresh new episode of the On Brand Podcast. This week we’ll have author, strategist, and Social Brand Forum keynote Mark W. Schaefer on the show.
Last but not least …
- Subscribe to the podcast – You can subscribe to the show via iTunes, Stitcher, and RSS.
- Rate and review the show – If you like what you’re hearing, head over to iTunes and click that 5-star button to rate the show. And if you have a few extra seconds, write a couple of sentences and submit a review. This helps others find the podcast.
- OK. How do you rate and review a podcast? Need a quick tutorial on leaving a rating/review in iTunes? Check this out.
Until next week, see you on the Internet!