On this week’s Social Sound Bite – recorded live at the KXIC studios in Iowa City – Jay and I discussed my recent trip to SXSW Interactive 2015. This event is always one of my favorites and truly the best place for keeping your finger on the pulse of what’s next. What did I learn? Listen for the full sound bite and enjoy these useful links to the news, trends, and tips included in this week’s show.
Beyond the Sound Bite
- As we discussed last week, the new Meerkat app was big at SXSW. How big …?
- Everyone was talking about potential businesses uses for Meerkat. Plus everyone was Meerkat-ing (Meerkasting?) — even Julia Louis-Dreyfus!
- There were also several panels and discussion around social media privacy.
- BIG CONGRATULATIONS to Iowa’s own Pear Deck on their big win of $150,000 in funding at SXSW 2015!
Remember, the Social Sound Bite is just the appetizer! On Monday morning we’ll serve up a fresh new episode of the On Brand Podcast. This week we have Justin Foster, author of Oatmeal vs. Bacon.
Last but not least …
- Subscribe to the podcast – You can subscribe to the show via iTunes, Stitcher, and RSS.
- Rate and review the show – If you like what you’re hearing, head over to iTunes and click that 5-star button to rate the show. And if you have a few extra seconds, write a couple of sentences and submit a review. This helps others find the podcast.
- OK. How do you rate and review a podcast? Need a quick tutorial on leaving a rating/review in iTunes? Check this out.
Until next week, see you on the Internet!