On this week’s Social Sound Bite – recorded live at the KXIC studios in Iowa City – Jay and I discussed Twitter’s recent release of the Periscope live-streaming video app. What does this mean for Meerkat, the tech set’s darling of late? This week we take a look at Periscope vs Meerkat. Listen for the full sound bite and enjoy these useful links to the news, trends, and tips included in this week’s show.
Beyond the Sound Bite
- Here’s a great breakdown of Periscope vs Meerkat (BusinessInsider).
- Was Meerkat ever even a hit? Why Meerkat is dying – and it’s taking U.S. tech journalism with it (BGR).
- Perhaps it’s too early to tell which app will be the winner. As Gary Vaynerchuk has said, what if Snapchat suddenly adds video? Check out Gary’s LinkedIn post on Periscope vs Meerkat.
Remember, the Social Sound Bite is just the appetizer! On Monday morning we’ll serve up a fresh new episode of the On Brand Podcast. This week we have Chief Strategy Officer of Siegel+Gale David Srere.
Last but not least …
- Subscribe to the podcast – You can subscribe to the show via iTunes, Stitcher, and RSS.
- Rate and review the show – If you like what you’re hearing, head over to iTunes and click that 5-star button to rate the show. And if you have a few extra seconds, write a couple of sentences and submit a review. This helps others find the podcast.
- OK. How do you rate and review a podcast? Need a quick tutorial on leaving a rating/review in iTunes? Check this out.
Until next week, see you on the Internet!