On this week’s Social Sound Bite – recorded live at the KXIC studios in Iowa City – Jay and I discussed two major social platform updates. First, after Facebook bowed out of negotiations, Twitter picked up the streaming rights for the NFL’s Thursday Night Football games. Instagram is also in the process of rolling out a longer, 60-second limit for videos. Listen for the full sound bite and enjoy these useful links to the news, trends, and tips included in this week’s show.
Beyond the Sound Bite
- Thursday Night Football to be streamed live on Twitter (NFL). Which is either good news or bad news as …
- Twitter NFL deal shredded by another analyst (MarketWatch).
- Here’s Instagram’s official ‘coming soon’ announcement on longer video (Instagram Blog).
- Engagdet on why Instagram’s big bet on video doesn’t stop at 60 seconds.
- Remember, early registration is now open for Social Brand Forum 2016 featuring Jay Baer, Joe Pulizzi, and Gini Dietrich. Register now and save!
Remember, the Social Sound Bite is just the appetizer! On Monday morning we’ll serve up a fresh new episode of the On Brand Podcast. This week we’ll be talking to Mike Smith from AWeber.
Last but not least …
- Subscribe to the podcast – You can subscribe to the show via iTunes, Stitcher, and RSS.
- Rate and review the show – If you like what you’re hearing, head over to iTunes and click that 5-star button to rate the show. And if you have a few extra seconds, write a couple of sentences and submit a review. This helps others find the podcast.
- OK. How do you rate and review a podcast? Need a quick tutorial on leaving a rating/review in iTunes? Check this out.
Until next week, see you on the Internet!