On this week’s Social Sound Bite – recorded live at the KXIC studios in Iowa City – Jay and I discussed something of a throwback campaign. Hearkening back to the Navy’s World War II propaganda poster “loose lips sink ships,” the Air Force has repurposed this message for the social age, warning service men and women that “loose tweets destroy fleets.” Listen for the full sound bite and enjoy these useful links to the news, trends, and tips included in this week’s show.
Beyond the Sound Bite
- Air Force ‘Loose Tweets’ slogan warns of social media dangers (Stars and Stripes).
- And here’s a bit of history and background on the original propaganda campaign “Loose lips sink ships” (Wikipedia).
Remember, the Social Sound Bite is just the appetizer! On Monday morning we’ll serve up a fresh new episode of the On Brand Podcast. This week we’ll be talking to Tim Hayden and DJ Waldow of Zignal Labs.
Last but not least …
- Subscribe to the podcast – You can subscribe to the show via iTunes, Stitcher, and RSS.
- Rate and review the show – If you like what you’re hearing, head over to iTunes and click that 5-star button to rate the show. And if you have a few extra seconds, write a couple of sentences and submit a review. This helps others find the podcast.
- OK. How do you rate and review a podcast? Need a quick tutorial on leaving a rating/review in iTunes? Check this out.
Until next week, see you on the Internet!