Matt Abrahams is a leading expert in the field of communication and a lecturer in Organizational Behavior at Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business, where he also hosts the popular, award-winning podcast Think Fast, Talk Smart. A sought-after keynote speaker and consultant, his new book is Think Faster, Talk Smarter. We discussed all of this and more this week on the On Brand podcast.
Enjoy This Episode Now
About Matt Abrahams
Matt Abrahams is a leading expert in the field of communication. As a Lecturer in Organizational Behavior at Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business, he teaches popular classes in strategic communication and effective virtual presenting and has received the school’s Alumni Teaching Award. Matt also teaches public speaking and co-teaches Improvisationally Speaking in the Stanford Continuing Studies Program.
When he isn’t teaching, Matt is a highly sought-after keynote speaker and communications consultant and coach. He has helped numerous presenters prepare for high-stakes talks, including IPO road shows, Nobel Prize award presentations, and appearances at TED and the World Economic Forum. His online talks garner millions of views and he hosts the popular, award-winning podcast Think Fast, Talk Smart, The Podcast. His book Speaking Up without Freaking Out: 50 Techniques for Confident and Compelling Presenting has helped a wide audience manage speaking anxiety and present more confidently and authentically.
To relax and rejuvenate, Matt enjoys hiking with his wife, talking and watching sports with his kids, hanging out with his friends, and being continually humbled at the karate dojo.
Links from the Show
- Here’s a link to Matt’s new book Think Faster, Talk Smarter: How to Speak Successfully When You’re Put on the Spot.
- Matt has several episodes of his Think Fast, Talk Smart podcast on anxiety and public speaking. Here’s one we discussed.
- We also discussed why improv is important in business.
- Matt closes his podcast with the question, “Who’s a communicator you admire and why?” I asked Matt who pointed us to Britney Packnett Cunningham’s work on confidence.
What brand has made Matt smile recently? Matt loves Superhuman — a tool that helps him be more efficient with email. Since I turned Matt’s question on him, he did the same thing to me — asking me for a brand that’s made me smile recently. I went with Criquet Shirts. I love their shirts and the brand’s presence on Instagram.
As We Wrap …
- Listen and subscribe at Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon/Audible, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn, iHeart, YouTube, and RSS.
- Rate and review the show—If you like what you’re hearing, be sure to head over to Apple Podcasts and click the 5-star button to rate the show. And, if you have a few extra seconds, write a couple of sentences and submit a review to help others find the show.
- Did you hear something you liked on this episode or another? Do you have a question you’d like our guests to answer? Let me know on Twitter using the hashtag #OnBrandPodcast and you may just hear your thoughts here on the show.
- On Brand is a part of the Marketing Podcast Network.
Until next week, I’ll see you on the Internet!