On this week’s Social Sound Bite – recorded live at the KXIC studios in Iowa City – Jay and I discussed a topic we’ve been hearing a lot about over the past few months. Is Twitter really going to drop their signature 140-character limit in favor of longer tweets with a 10,000-character limit?! If so, what does this mean? Listen for the full sound bite and enjoy these useful links to the news, trends, and tips included in this week’s show.
Beyond the Sound Bite
- As you can imagine, this has been a pretty big story. Here’s a round up of some of the best coverage of this heated topic …
- Twitter may allow 10,000-character tweets within the next three months (The Next Web)
- Twitter Isn’t Raising the Character Limit. It’s Becoming a Walled Garden. (Slate)
- Twitter might allow 10,000-character tweets, and I think it’s a great idea (Business Insider)
Remember, the Social Sound Bite is just the appetizer! On Monday morning we’ll serve up a fresh new episode of the On Brand Podcast. This week we’ll be talking to author Charlie Pownall.
Last but not least …
- Subscribe to the podcast – You can subscribe to the show via iTunes, Stitcher, and RSS.
- Rate and review the show – If you like what you’re hearing, head over to iTunes and click that 5-star button to rate the show. And if you have a few extra seconds, write a couple of sentences and submit a review. This helps others find the podcast.
- OK. How do you rate and review a podcast? Need a quick tutorial on leaving a rating/review in iTunes? Check this out.
Until next week, see you on the Internet!