Podcast: Play in new window | Download
On this week’s Social Sound Bite – recorded live at the KXIC studios in Iowa City – Jay and I discussed a recent development from Google. On last week’s show, we shared new data illustrating that Facebook is far from dead with teens. However, Google is breaking their social network Google+ into three products — streams, photos, and Hangouts. Listen for the full sound bite and enjoy these useful links to the news, trends, and tips included in this week’s show.
Beyond the Sound Bite
- Here’s a round-up of coverage on the Google+ news.
- First, this article from The Verge provides a great overview on how Google+ officially splits into Photos and Streams.
- While Engadget reports that Google is testing new Contacts that blend Gmail and Google+.
Remember, the Social Sound Bite is just the appetizer! On Monday morning we’ll serve up a fresh new episode of the On Brand Podcast.
Last but not least …
- Subscribe to the podcast – You can subscribe to the show via iTunes, Stitcher, and RSS.
- Rate and review the show – If you like what you’re hearing, head over to iTunes and click that 5-star button to rate the show. And if you have a few extra seconds, write a couple of sentences and submit a review. This helps others find the podcast.
- OK. How do you rate and review a podcast? Need a quick tutorial on leaving a rating/review in iTunes? Check this out.
Until next week, see you on the Internet!