Podcast: Play in new window | Download
On this week’s Social Sound Bite – recorded live at the KXIC studios in Iowa City – Jay and I discussed a recent item in the news. Minnesota dentist Walter Palmer probably wishes he never killed one of Zimbabwe’s most beloved lions. The Internet will never let him forget, as negative reviews of his business flooded Yelp and various social outlets. Listen for the full sound bite and enjoy these useful links to the news, trends, and tips included in this week’s show.
Beyond the Sound Bite
- Internet Attacks Lion Killer with Poisoned Yelp Reviews (Wired).
- Minnesota dentist who killed Cecil the lion is on the lam after social media users issue threats against his life (National Post).
- Don’t forget to register now and save for this fall’s Social Brand Forum. Early pricing ends today (7/31)!
Remember, the Social Sound Bite is just the appetizer! On Monday morning we’ll serve up a fresh new episode of the On Brand Podcast. This week we’ll be talking to Josh Miles of MilesDesign.
Last but not least …
- Subscribe to the podcast – You can subscribe to the show via iTunes, Stitcher, and RSS.
- Rate and review the show – If you like what you’re hearing, head over to iTunes and click that 5-star button to rate the show. And if you have a few extra seconds, write a couple of sentences and submit a review. This helps others find the podcast.
- OK. How do you rate and review a podcast? Need a quick tutorial on leaving a rating/review in iTunes? Check this out.
Until next week, see you on the Internet!