On this week’s Social Sound Bite – recorded live at the KXIC studios in Iowa City – Jay and I discussed the deal that Twitter inked with Google for full access to their “firehose” of tweets. We broke down what this means and also shared some light news about a Texas teen who lost her job due to an unfortunate tweet her boss saw. Listen for the full sound bite and enjoy these useful links to the news, trends, and tips included in this week’s show.
Beyond the Sound Bite
- Twitter Confirms Google Firehose Deal To Target Logged Out Users (TechCrunch)
- A great break down of who wins, who loses in the Twitter/Google deal (VentureBeat)
- And here’s that amazing story of young woman fired over Twitter before starting job (USA Today)
Remember, the Social Sound Bite is just the appetizer! On Monday morning we’ll serve up a fresh new episode of the On Brand Podcast.
Last but not least …
- Subscribe to the podcast – You can subscribe to the show via iTunes, Stitcher, and RSS.
- Rate and review the show – If you like what you’re hearing, head over to iTunes and click that 5-star button to rate the show. And if you have a few extra seconds, write a couple of sentences and submit a review. This helps others find the podcast.
- OK. How do you rate and review a podcast? Need a quick tutorial on leaving a rating/review in iTunes? Check this out.
Until next week, see you on the Internet!