On this week’s Social Sound Bite – recorded live at the KXIC studios in Iowa City – Jay and I discussed emojis in email subject lines. Specifically we looked at a new study from email marketing platform MailChimp on how and when emojis are used in email. It even included which emojis are used most often in email marketing. Listen for the full sound bite and enjoy these useful links to the news, trends, and tips included in this week’s show.
Beyond the Sound Bite
- MailChimp’s Most Popular Subject Line Emojis (MailChimp).
- Why the Apple Watch is taking the emoji to the next level (Daily Dot).
Remember, the Social Sound Bite is just the appetizer! On Monday morning we’ll serve up a fresh new episode of the On Brand Podcast. This week we’ll have Marc Hershon — the man who named the BlackBerry — on the show.
Last but not least …
- Subscribe to the podcast – You can subscribe to the show via iTunes, Stitcher, and RSS.
- Rate and review the show – If you like what you’re hearing, head over to iTunes and click that 5-star button to rate the show. And if you have a few extra seconds, write a couple of sentences and submit a review. This helps others find the podcast.
- OK. How do you rate and review a podcast? Need a quick tutorial on leaving a rating/review in iTunes? Check this out.
Until next week, see you on the Internet!