Get Scrappy: Smarter Digital Marketing for Businesses Big and Small
“This book…will help you take your marketing to the next level without having to increase your budget a dollar”— Inc.
Mashable Best New Marketing Books to Read in 2017
Selected by Oracle Marketing Cloud as a Top 15 Marketing Book for 2016
It’s an exciting time to be in marketing: The Internet, social media, and content marketing are powerful equalizers, resetting the playing field for businesses large and small. Yet, it’s also a challenging time, with much work to do and an ever-changing array of platforms, features, and networks to master–all on a tighter budget than before.
Don’t get frustrated, get scrappy! Shattering the myth that only big brands can do big things, Get Scrappy will help you:
- Demystify digital marketing in a way that makes sense for your business
- Do more with less
- Build a strong brand with something to say
- Find inspiration in unexpected places
- Create relevant and engaging content and promote it via Twitter, Facebook, and other channels
- Integrate strategy and message across touchpoints for a unified brand experience both online and off
- Spark dialogue with your community of customers
- Measure what matters
The result is a reliable, repeatable system for reinventing your marketing as marketing reinvents itself. Featuring frameworks, hacks, tips, idea starters, and more, Get Scrappy is the map you need to take your marketing from good to great.
PRAISE FOR GET SCRAPPY
“Are you feeling like David in a field of marketing Goliaths? Get scrappy! Organizations of any size can use the principles in this book to stretch their digital marketing reach.”
– Daniel H. Pink, author of Drive and To Sell Is Human
“The most practical book there is about guerrilla marketing in the social era, Nick Westergaard offers sound, strategic advice that will work for any and every business.”
– Jay Baer, President of Convince & Convert and New York Times Bestselling Author of Youtility
“This helpful digital marketing bible … walks readers through meeting business objectives, assembling the right team, using a mix of old and new media, and nurturing an active community. Covering both strategy and concrete plans for action, Westergaard’s book is a cogent guide to achievable digital marketing.”
– Publisher’s Weekly
“Good marketing isn’t about expensive ad campaigns or jumping on the latest social bandwagon. Whether your company is a Fortune 500 behemoth or a nascent startup, Nick Westergaard’s detailed advice about how to Get Scrappy – and do more with less – is certain to improve your business.”
– Dorie Clark, author of Stand Out and Reinventing You, and Adjunct Professor, Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business
“Drop your marketing ego at the door and get to the core of what matters most to your customers and prospects. Nick provides a crash course for honing the terribly under-celebrated skill of being a scrappy marketer.”
– Jason Miller, Group Manager Global Content and Social Media Marketing, LinkedIn Marketing Solutions
“Get Scrappy presents an elegantly simple approach to getting the most out of the two marketing resources no business ever has enough of – time & money. Get Scrappy isn’t just a formula for success. It is a mindset designed to deliver bigger results with less stuff.”
– Andrew M. Davis, Bestselling Author of Brandscaping and Town Inc.
“If you want to do more with less (and who doesn’t?!), Nick Westergaard’s book is the ultimate guide to marketing. Read it to learn an immensely practical and creative system to addressing age-old marketing challenges as well as seizing the new opportunities of social and digital today.”
– Denise Lee Yohn, Brand-Building Expert, Speaker, and Author of What Great Brands Do
Nick Westergaard's books provide helpful frameworks and practical tools for rethinking branding and marketing in
distracted digital world
Are you feeling like David in a field of marketing Goliaths? Get scrappy. Organizations of any size can use the principles in this book to stretch their digital marketing reach.
Daniel H. Pink, Author of Drive and To Sell Is Human