On this week’s Social Sound Bite – recorded live at the KXIC studios in Iowa City – Jay and I discussed two big news stories in the world of social media and all things digital. First, Facebook announced that they’re joining Meerkat and Periscope in the live-streaming video game. Plus Google announced a new brand and parent company — Alphabet. Listen for the full sound bite and enjoy these useful links to the news, trends, and tips included in this week’s show.
Beyond the Sound Bite
- Facebook Launches “Live” Streaming Video Feature, But Only For Celebrities (TechCrunch).
- What is Alphabet, Google’s new company? (Business Insider).
Remember, the Social Sound Bite is just the appetizer! On Monday morning we’ll serve up a fresh new episode of the On Brand Podcast. This week we’ll be talking to Nish de Gruiter of Suitsupply and a speaker at this fall’s Social Brand Forum.
Last but not least …
- Subscribe to the podcast – You can subscribe to the show via iTunes, Stitcher, and RSS.
- Rate and review the show – If you like what you’re hearing, head over to iTunes and click that 5-star button to rate the show. And if you have a few extra seconds, write a couple of sentences and submit a review. This helps others find the podcast.
- OK. How do you rate and review a podcast? Need a quick tutorial on leaving a rating/review in iTunes? Check this out.
Until next week, see you on the Internet!